HOME PROJECTS EVENTS CONTACT STORE FORUM ABOUT SUBMISSIONS

Go Back   Ronin Studios Forums > Creative Center > Colorful Colorists

Colorful Colorists A place for colorists to unite and learn tools of the trade and post samples for submissions and critiques.

Unread 04-15-2012, 03:26 AM
Colorist

Default confessions of a serial writer

Pencils, and I presume inks, by Daniel Leister

Ok my take on this cover. The original was done by blondthecolorist I went with the girl as a blonde and in white rather than Blondthecolorist's red haired girl. Makes her look more 'virginal' I guess which just makes the "Im-a-little-psycho-really" all the more ironic I am also quite chuffed with how the floorboards,stockings and persian/oriental rug came out!! I also added some of Daniel's other lineart to the various pages as a bit of an 'easter egg' and to make them a little more interesting.

It's been a while since I've gotten *really* enthusiastic about colouring a picture. Lately its all been a bit blearghh for me, but this one was just sheer fun to do. It helps that I have my first term break Isuppose, so no school work to prepare, kids to deal with etc etc...

cheers
Sean

I colour stuff...